Introduction to Augmented Reality: Build 4 Apps with ARKit
- 59 reviews
- $149.00 or less
With iOS11 Apple has introduced us to many new exciting features and technologies. But the most interesting feature of iOS11 is that we are now able to develop Augmented Reality Apps.
The incredible success of Pokemon Go showed us that the demand for Augmented Reality apps is bigger than ever before. And thanks to the ARKit Framework we are now able to develop our own AR Applications.
This course is meant to give you an introduction into this amazing technology that allows us to create incredible apps fairly easily.
We are going to teach you all of the basics of the ARKit Framework and Apple's MachineLearning Framework CoreML. You will be able to understand how Augmented Reality apps work and how you can make them on your own.
We'll look at:
- rendering virtual content,
- what scene understanding is
- how world tracking works
- how to interact with virtual content
- how Machine Learning works in iOS
Since practice makes perfect we're not only going to be learning about the theory behind the technology. We're actually going to build 4 augmented reality apps.
- A Spritekit game in which we need to defuse bombs in the real world to help us understand how to use our live camera feed and combine it with virtual content to create an AR experience.
- An incredibly useful measuring app that will teach us how to calculate distance between real world objects by utilizing world tracking
- A fun spin the bottle game that teaches us how to manipulate and interact with virtual objects.
- For the final app project we're going to use ARKit, CoreML & the Vision Framework to build an app that will be able to analyze our live camera feed and detect and classify objects by utilizing MachineLearning principles
These apps will teach us about the functionality of the framework and how we can use it to create our own amazing augmented reality applications, so join this course if you want to be one of the first augmented reality app developers with published apps!
Request more information Email me this course